Friday, July 27, 2012

Spray Paint is AWESOME!!!

We are currently in the middle of renovating our kitchen. It has been a LONG and DRAWN OUT process, because we are doing much of the work ourselves. That's okay, though. I like doing things to see what I am capable of and then smiling with pride when I show it off.

A couple of things that I am especially pleased with myself about is my baker's rack transformation and my clorox wipes container. I guess it's Lysol, well, whatever's on sale...

Here are the pics:




TERRIBLE picture, sorry John, but you can see the baker's rack
slightly here in the background. (why, oh, why didn't I take a before picture?)
It was green with blonde wood. Okay for a red kitchen, but we were going to have
to get rid of it because it would have looked hideous with the new decor.

Here it is now! Oil rubbed bronze spray paint and the blonde wood got the same
paint as the cabinets are getting. I think it was a good save!
(Still working on a paint color for the wall, I think we've got it figured out now.)
So, I pretty much use these wipes ALL the time so they just sit on my counter.
Fine for the white formica, terrible with the new granite!
Add a little oil rubbed bronze spray paint and VOILA! Counter wipes designer series! :)
Seriously, how cool and simple is that? When you run out (Which I have already)
You just open up the new canister and refill it in the spray-painted one!

No comments:

Post a Comment